Roughneck News

Texas Oilfield Worker Killed by Poisonous Gas; Wife Dies Checking on Him


October 31, 2019

A 44-year-old Texas oil company worker died after being overcome by poisonous gas at a pump house, and his 37-year-old wife also was killed by the fumes when she went to check on him.

Texas Oilfield Worker Overcome By H2SThe Ector County Sheriff’s Office says Jacob and Natalee Dean died Saturday night after inhaling hydrogen sulfide gas at an Aghorn Energy pump house in Odessa. Deputies say the company dispatched the husband to check on the facility. When he didn’t return as expected, his wife tried to reach him by phone but got no answer.

She drove with their two children, ages 6 and 9, to the pump house and was overcome by the colorless, highly corrosive gas when she entered the building. The children were left in the car and weren’t harmed.

GoFundMe Page

Jacob and Natalee Dean- Source: Facebook

Deans and Lyons Oilfield Injury Attorneys

Source: Insurance Journal

Comment On This Article


Roughneck Oilfield Drill Bit Keychains

Roughneck Impact Safety Gloves

Roughneck Oilfield Stickers

Roughneck Oilfield Safety Glasses

Oilfield Drilling Rig Models

Oilfield Drill Bit Paperweights